We are happy to share with you the latest travel updates that are in place for travelling to Greece from July 1st:
International arrivals by air:
- All airports in Greece will be accepting flights from abroad from July 1st
- All travelers to Greece (from all countries) are obliged to complete their PLF at least 48 hours before entering the country, providing detailed information on their point of departure, the duration of previous stays in other countries, and the address of your stay while in Greece. The Passenger Locator Form (PLF) is a key element in the planning (special electronic form PLF). The PLF form will be available online and also via mobile app (Link: https://travel.gov.gr/#/).
- Inbound travelers to Greece will undergo only random spot testing
- Passengers undergoing a diagnostic test for COVID-19 are obliged to remain in self-isolation for 24 hours at the address they will declare, until the result of the test is announced. If the result is negative, all movement restrictions are removed. If the result is positive, the passenger is informed on the quarantine procedure to be followed and receives instructions.
- According to the safety regulations that are in place until June 30th, passengers landing in Athens from Albania, Belgium, France, Italy, North Macedonia, the Netherlands, Portugal, Spain and Sweden will all be tested. Passengers from other European destinations will be randomly tested.
Indicative direct flights from abroad:
|Emirates Airlines||New York (Newark EWR) to Athens (ATH)||Starting August 1st
|Qatar Airways||Doha (DOH) to Athens (ATH)||Starting June 15th
|Air Canada||Montreal to Athens||Starting July 1st
2 flight per week
|Toronto to Athens||Starting July 3rd
2 flights per week
|American Airlines||Chicago to Athens||Starting August 5th|
|Air Transat's||Canada to Athens (Montreal x 4 days / week, Toronto x 4 days/ week, Vancouver x 4 days/ week, Calgary)||Starting July 27th|
|Delta Airlines||New York (JFK) to Athens (ATH)||Starting August 1st
|Air France||Paris to Athens||Starting June 22nd
11 flights/ week
|British Airways||London to Athens||Starting June 19th
12 flights/ week
International arrivals by sea:
• All ships coming from abroad are allowed in Greek ports.
TAKE A DOMESTIC FLIGHT with SAFETY
- Face masks are mandatory for all airline passengers and flight attendants
- The use of mobile apps is encouraged
- Passengers must maintain a distance of 1.5 meters from one another in the waiting areas
- A special boarding process has been set up with passengers boarding in smaller groups, to avoid overcrowding
- Access to the airport building is strictly for passengers, airline crew & airport staff. All transfer escorts will be waiting outside the building.
- Immediately upon arrival at the airport, the aircraft cabin must undergo cleaning in accordance with an enhanced antiseptic program, before being allowed to continue flying.
TAKE A FERRY with SAFETY
- Ferries are allowed to carry 50 percent of their maximum passenger capacity set by current legislation
- Prior to boarding a ferry at Greek ports of departure, passengers are obliged to hand over a previously filled out health status questionnaire (The form is available in English).
- Thermal screening will be applied to all passengers entering ferries
- Passengers must maintain a distance of 1.5 meters between each other during boarding
- Masks must be worn by passengers and crew members
- Seating in airplane-type seats is allowed according to a special layou
STAYING IN HOTELS with SAFETY
- Hotels operating in Greece this summer will be required to have a doctor on call and designated quarantine areas will be set up on popular island destinations as well as a set of rigid guidelines.
- Hotels will have a COVID Protection Officer & Trainer appointed
- Daily monitoring of H&S compliance Health protocol
- All staff to wear Personal Protective Gear when indoors
- Temperature taken on arrival – Guests & Staff
- Disinfected process for Key cards & Guest luggages
- Express and private Check-in and Check outs (Check in hour at 3pm and Check out at 12pm)
- Frequent cleaning protocols of all guest rooms and public areas as per WHO standards
- Housekeeping enter room only upon request
- Air Humidifiers in all rooms
- Social distancing will be applied on the layout of pool loungers and outdoor dining facilities.
- Reception will feature floor markings
- Staff Accommodation following extreme Health & Safety Protocols
- Food handlers and supervisors are trained on safe food preparation and service practices. No buffet offerings. Free of charge room service.
- More details for the hotel protocol here.
INDICATIVE DATES FOR YEAR ROUND & BOUTIQUE HOTELS OPENING:
- 1st June: Elia Ermou (Athens)
- 10th June: Electra Metropolis (Athens)
- 12th June: Four Seasons (Athens)
- 15th June: Andronis Suites (Santorini)
- 18th June: AMAN (Peloponnese)
- 1st July: New Hotel (Athens)
- 1st July Santorini island: Grace, Canaves, Mystique
- 1st July Mykonos island: Santa Marina, Bill & Coo, Mykonos Ammos & Blanc, Mykonos Blu (July3rd)
- 1st July Paros island: Parilio
- 1st July Naxos island: Naxian Collection, Naxian on the Beach
VISITING MUSEUMS & ARCHAEOLOGICAL SITES with SAFETY
- Only a set number of visitors will be allowed into museums each hour
- They will be required to maintain a 2-meter distance from each other
- The use of masks and antiseptic hand gel are highly recommended.
* Please note: Restrictions, testing requirements, and mandatory quarantine measures are subject to change depending on how successful Covid-19 management/infection rates reported at airports of origin and according to the European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) guidelines.
Τo get all the insight for your trip to Greece this summer watch the Eclectic Greece interview style videos below